Hottest Online News Portal

Wooden Bungalow Destroyed In Fire Caused By Candle

in Latest

KUALA TERENGGANU – A double-storey wooden bungalow in Jalan Budiman, here, was razed in an evening fire yesterday, believed to have been caused by a candle.

It is understood a member of the household had resorted to using candles due to a power disruption.

According to house owner Ghazali Abdullah, 65, he and his wife, Radziah Yusof, 60, were doing business in a sundry shop nearby when the fire began about 7.30pm.

Their neighbour, Marina Za’aba, 42, said she initially thought a nearby garbage site was on fire.

However, when she walked in the direction of the fire, she realised it was the seven-room bungalow that was ablaze.

“At that time, I was outside the house due to the hot weather and power disruption,” she said.

Meanwhile, Jalan Kota fire station chief Zulbahri Sulong said 24 firemen from the Jalan Kota and Kuala Terengganu stations rushed to the scene within minutes of receiving a distress call at 7.49pm.

He said by the time they reached the site, however the fire had already almost destroyed the entire first floor.

“We managed to put the fire under control at 8.15pm and prevent it from spreading.” – NST


Latest from Latest

Go to Top