PETALING JAYA: The Foreign Ministry has yet to make contact with the two Malaysians who were passengers on board Emirates Airlines flight, which crash-landed and burst into flames at the Dubai International Airport on Wednesday.
Wisma Putra has confirmed that two Malaysians were among the passengers of Emirates Airlines Flight EK521 from Thiruvananthapuram, India but are not able to reach them yet.
“The airport authorities report that all 282 passengers and 18 crew members are safe. So far, two (2) Malaysians are confirmed to be in the aircraft.
“Contact has yet to be established with them as they are still in the emergency response room.
“The Consulate General in Dubai is in close cooperation with the local authorities, with good cooperation received,” Wisma Putra said in a statement on Wednesday.
It added that it would continue to monitor the situation and expressed its commitment to provide the necessary assistance to Malaysians affected by the incident.
Following the incident, Emirates Airlines announced that operations had resumed at Dubai International, though it said a number of flights have been cancelled, delayed or diverted.
In a statement, US plane manufacturer Boeing said it was monitoring the situation in Dubai and it would be working with Emirates to gather more information.