Hottest Online News Portal

Two Families Lose Homes In Fire

in Latest

KUALA TERENGGANU – Fourteen people from two families in Kampung Losong Hj Shafie here lost their homes in a fire after a cooking gas cyclinder exploded yesterday.

One of the victims, Wan Mohd Eliyas Wan Abdul Razak said the incident occurred about 9pm when he was resting in his room while his 74-year-old mother, Mahani Omar was in the living room.

“I saw my mother straight away wanting to go to the kitchen as soon as I got out of the room but the raging fire had spread to the house roof. I immediately took her out without salvaging any items including important documents.

“Apparently, my mother had forgotten to turn off the gas stove when she was reheating meals and that caused the gas cyclinder to explode,” said the 43-year-old to reporters after Terengganu Menteri Besar Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar visited the families here today.

Ahmad Samsuri also presented cash aid and other necessities to the affected families. – BERNAMA

Tags:

Latest from Latest

Go to Top