KUALA LUMPUR – Two elderly siblings perished in a fire at their double storey terrace house in Jalan SS 2/4 Petaling Jaya, here early this morning.
During the incident about 3.30 am, Rohani Abdul Manan, 89, was found dead in the upstairs bathroom while her younger brother Ahmad Lokman Abdul Manan, 73, was found near the kitchen door.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director (Operations) Mohd Sani Harul said both victims suffered 10 per cent burns on their bodies.
He said the fire also destroyed 70 per cent of the house.
“The department received a distress call around 3.38 am and 12 personnel from Damansara and Penchala Fire and Rescue Stations were rushed to the scene,” he said in a statement today.
It was understood the fire was caused by a short-circuit. – BERNAMA