Hottest Online News Portal

Two Cousins Electrocuted In Fire

in Latest

BUTTERWORTH: Two cousins who owned a recycle products factory were electrocuted and died in a fire, which occurred at their Jalan Bagan Lalang premises, here Monday night.

In the 9.30pm incident Koi Kok Leng, 35 and Koi Ang Leng, 37, died at the scene when they were electrocuted after failing to escape from the fire which involved electrical cables.

Liaison officer for the Penang Fire and Rescue Department, senior assistant superintendent Mohd Azman Hussin said the department received a distress call at 9.30pm and a fire engine with seven firefighters arrived at the scene 11 minutes later.

“Upon arrival we found the two men unconscious,” he said.

Mohd Azman added that they had to seek the help of Tenaga Nasional Berhad to remove the body of the victims who were later sent to the Seberang Jaya Hospital for post mortem. – Bernama

Tags:

Latest from Latest

Go to Top