Turmeric, is one of Indiaâ€™s most widely used spices. Not only it is used to add colour and taste to our food but also as a cosmetic. It has also become a part of our rituals.
Turmeric has been used as beauty product over the centuries.Being a natural cosmetic, it is used to beautify their skin. Curcumin, on the other hand, can treat an array of diseases like Alzheimerâ€™s disease, diabetes, allergies, arthritis and other chronic illnesses. Being the most widely used spice, it is often referred to as the â€˜Indian saffronâ€™.
Here are some properties of turmeric that you can use to cure seven common problems and get a flawless skin.
Defeat the signs of ageing
Turmeric is an excellent exfoliating agent and can help you defeat the signs of ageing. Take gram flour and turmeric powder in equal proportions and prepare a paste by adding water. You may alternately prepare this paste in raw milk or even yoghurt. Apply it evenly on your body and leave it till it dries off. Wash it off with lukewarm water and scrub your face gently in circular motion.
You can use turmeric in combination with other ingredients to manage your wrinkle woes.
1) Add raw milk and tomato juice to rice powder and turmeric powder. Apply the paste and let it stay until it dries. Lactic acid present in milk will help peel off the dead skin cells.
2) You can add turmeric powder in buttermilk and sugarcane juice. This will work the best for dark circles and wrinkles.
3) Turmeric-honey paste can be applied on the face and neck to help exfoliate skin and keep a check on pores.
Not only does turmeric take care of the scars and inflammation but also reduce oil secretion by sebaceous glands.
1) To prepare turmeric scrub, add a few drops of water and lemon juice to turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the acne affected area and leave it for about 15 minutes. Gently scrub it off your face with plain water.
2) You can also use turmeric and sandalwood mixture as an acne face pack and wash it off in approximately 10 minutes.
To remove skin tanning and pigmentation, apply a mixture of turmeric powder and lemon or cucumber juice on the affected area for 20-30 minutes and wash off with plain water. This should be done regularly for beneficial results.
You can apply a paste made from turmeric and milk or yoghurt on your face. Leave the mask overnight and rinse it off the next morning using a light cleanser. Alternatively, you can add a pinch of turmeric to your moisturizer and cleanse the next morning. This should be done twice a week to get beautiful, healthy and younger looking skin.