KUALA LUMPUR – A gas leak at a power-generation room in the basement of a bank in Jalan Sultan Ismail here today resulted in three contract workers injured, according to the Fire and Rescue Department.
One of the workers was injured in the head while the two others experienced breathing difficulty during the incident at 3.52 pm, said Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department director Khirudin Drahman.
“The three workers had been instructed to change a carbon dioxide gas cylinder in the room,” he said to Bernama.
He said a team of Hazmat personnel was deployed to the location and the injured workers were sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital.
Twenty-two personnel from the Jalan Hang Tuah and Jalan Tun Razak fire and rescue stations were also rushed to the scene, he added. – BERNAMA