Hottest Online News Portal

Three Injured In Shooting After Football Quarrel In Ipoh

in Latest/Sports


IPOH – Three football fans were shot by a gunman following an altercation between supporters of rival teams on Sunday evening.

The shooting occurred after Dream Team thumped Menglembu FC 4-0 at Padang Ipoh here at about 6pm, during which Menglembu fans had shouted profanities at Dream Team supporters.

In the incident, the gunman opened fire at the three men identified as S. Sutager, 29, S. Adwinray, 24, and P. Khechan Kumar, 21, near a convenience store in Jalan Kledang Timur 10, Menglembu at about 7.30pm.

Sutager, who was shot in the abdomen, and Adwinray, who sustained two gunshot wounds in his neck, are in critical condition while Khechan, who was shot in his right arm, is reportedly in stable condition.

All three have been admitted at the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital.

Police yesterday arrested three suspects aged between 21 and 28 — including one of the injured men.

Police also seized four machetes and a car following the arrest, but it is learnt that the gun has not been recovered.

Meanwhile, seven other suspects including the gunman have been identified and are being hunted by police.

It is learnt that shortly after the football match, the father of one of the shooting victims had received a phone call from a man who asked that his son meet him outside the convenience store in Menglembu about 7.30pm.

The man’s son went with two of his friends, who apparently did not know what the “meeting” was about, and were fired upon by the gunman.

A police source told theSun the suspects as well as the victims were believed to involved in underworld gang activities.

The source said the gunman is from “Gang 21” based in Batu Gajah, while the victims were believed to be linked to the “08 Menglembu” gang.

Police have since formed a task force to track down members of both gangs.

The case is being investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder and Section 39 of the Firearms Act 1960.

Deputy state police chief Datuk Zainuddin Yaacob said police will issue a statement on the incident today. – The Sun


Latest from Latest

Go to Top