Hottest Online News Portal

Taylor Swift’s Private Jet Leaves Evacuated Airport

in Celebrity/Entertainment/Latest

BEDFORDSHIRE – Taylor Swift flew out of Luton airport as thousands of passengers were evacuated after a bomb scare.

The 24-year-old singer was driven on to the runway and allowed to leave in her private jet at 4.11pm on Monday while everybody else was forced to leave the premises after a passenger reported seeing a “vapour” coming from a piece of luggage.

A source told The Sun newspaper: “Swift’s convoy consisted of a white Porsche, a silver Mercedes van and a black Range Rover.

“It had somehow managed to navigate its way to a closed airport and Swift was able to board her flight.”

Luton airport was closed for four hours from 1:15pm while armed police, the Army and emergency services rushed to the scene in Bedfordshire.

The bomb disposal team arrived at 4:30pm and used a robot to blow up the suitcase containing the worrying explosive, which turned out to be hair straighteners.

Passengers were allowed to re-enter the airport at 5:30pm, but many flights had already been cancelled and 10 planes had been diverted to London Stansted, Birmingham and London Gatwick.

A spokesperson for the airport said: “All of the arriving flights were suspended.

“However, there were three flights on the ground that were permitted to fly. Two of them were commercial.”

A representative for Taylor said: “She wasn’t making her way to a commercial flight.” – Bernama/NewsWires

Tags:

Latest from Celebrity

Go to Top