IPOH: A father and son suspected of murdering four people in Tapah are “dangerous and habitual criminals,” the Magistrate’s court was told.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Harris Ong said evidence clearly showed that the duo were cruel and inhumane.
“They are dangerous and are habitual criminals.
“The murders have created fear and concern among the local community as the victims had been of different races,” Ong told Magistrate Suhaima Mohd Noor in his remand application for the suspects under Section 4(1)(a) of the Prevention of Crime Act 1959 (2012).
Suhaima allowed the application to remand the 57-year-old mechanic and his eldest son, 20, for 21 days from today.
Last Thursday, the main suspect’s wife, 54, and their disabled son, aged 17, who had also been remanded in connection with the murders, were released due to lack of evidence against them.
On Oct 26, police arrested the family of four at their house cum workshop on Jalan Pahang here where the murders allegedly took place.
It was reported that the disappearance of land broker Jasbeer Singh led police to the family’s dilapidated wooden house where the victims were believed to have been beaten to death, their remains burnt and ashes scattered into a river behind the house.
Police have yet to officially release the identities of the victims although the families of four missing persons have come forward to say that their loved ones could be those murdered.
The other three missing are spare parts dealer Ng Chor Kee, who was reported missing last June, bus conductor Ng Ah Leng@Mohan whose family have not seen since late 2012 and tour bus operator V. Gunawaty who disappeared last March.