IPOH – A group of tertiary institution students here were traumatised when their three rented houses were damaged by fire at Persiaran Cempaka Sari 9 in Taman Cempaka here this afternoon.
According to one of the victims, M. Kuhen 22, the 3.50pm blaze was believed to have occurred as a result of short circuit in one of the rooms on the upper floor.
“When the incident occurred, I had just returned from campus and I saw my housemates salvaging things at the house. At the time, the fire had also spread to the next room.
“It was a haphazard situation…we only managed to salvage important belongings,” he said when met by reporters at the scene.
He said three or four of his friends were at the house when the fire occurred. – BERNAMA