With so many ancient wellness gems starting to make a re-emergence with a bang, we’ve discovered a not-so-new Himalayan health secret: the shilajit.
Shilajit is an Indian Sanskrit word that means “rock-invincible.” It was a sacred rock in the Aryuvedic traditions and renowned for its remarkable health benefits. It is a rock-like substance that is found in mountainous regions in Asia. This material has been found to have great detoxification and energy-producing health benefits.
Shilajit is a sticky, tar-like resin substance that oozes out of mountainous regions in the summer when it is heated by the sun. It is formed over centuries by the decomposition of plants and the activity of unique microorganisms. Shilajit takes centuries to form, and scientists consider it a millenary product of nature.
Cultural uses for shilajit:
Shilajit is traditionally consumed with fermented raw milk by people in Nepal, Northern India and Pakistan. These are the Hunzan and Sherpan regions, where people are renowned for extremely old age and great health. They have remarkable mental function as they age compared to Western countries and rarely ever have age-related disease in these regions, according to the Natural News.
Depending upon the region and culture of the world where it is found, shilajit takes on several names. In the Caucasas mountains, the variations are slightly different, and it is commonly called mumijo. Western regions have called it asphaltum (similar to asphalt) and mineral wax.
Nutrient components of shilajit:
Shilajit is contains over 85 minerals such as selenium, phospholipids, humic acid and fulvic acid. These compounds have strong antioxidant properties, while the minerals help give shilajit an energy-enhancing effect. Most shilajit compounds contain between 60-80% fulvic acid, and the greater the content of fulvic acid (an antioxidant), the more anti-ageing properties the compound contains.
Health benefits of shilajit:
What are the benefits of using Shilajit?
- Shilajit helps in developing the health of nervous system, memory and mental stress and concentration.
- This drug is used to regain the lost strength for those weakened by disease.
- It helps for proper functioning of liver that helps in secretion of all juices that are important for proper metabolism in body.
- Shilajit used to improve sexual performance. Yep, it’s an aphrodisiac.
- This also helps in improving functioning of pancreas and reduces digestion problems.
- Shilajit acts as a blood purifier and improves the flow of blood circulation.
- Regular intake of shilajit helps in improving memory and sexual drive and male fertility.
- This is used in treating kidneys, urinary, ulcers, cough and reproductive systems.
- Shilajit helps in You do not have access to view this node healing and improves immune system in the body.
Shilajit are collected during summer before being processed as medicine by manufacturers. The resins are then turned into easy-to-swallow capsules.-MYNEWSHUB.CC