Hottest Online News Portal

Pupil Dies After Being Bitten By Snake At School

in Latest

KOTA BARU: A Year One pupil who suddenly collapsed in school and later died was bitten by a snake.

In the incident at SK Datuk Hashim 1 yesterday, seven-year-old Nuriey Nadhirah Roslan fell unconscious in school after the morning break at 9am.

She was rushed to a government clinic nearby and pronounced dead after it was ascertained that she had been bitten by a poisonous snake.

Her distraught mother Wan Izatul Azman Wan Mohamad, 29, said she received a call from the school at 9.20am saying that her daughter had collapsed in the classroom.

“When I arrived at the clinic, I was told there were signs of a bite on my daughter’s left calf.

“I was baffled that she had collapsed as she was a very healthy and active girl,” she said.

Her classmate, only known as Ani, said Nuriey was bitten by a snake during the morning school break.

Ani’s mother, who did not want to be named, said she believed an area in the school was being developed into a garden and the snake could have made its home there.

She said the school should have taken measures to ensure that the compound was safe from poisonous animals.

It was learnt that Wan Izatul had yet to lodge a police report at press time.

Latest from Latest

Go to Top