Hottest Online News Portal

Police Detain Five Men Over Bukit Bintang Hand-Grenade Incident

in Slider/Top News

KUALA LUMPUR – City police detained five men yesterday to facilitate investigations into a hand-grenade attack in front of a nightclub here on Oct 9.

The suspects, aged between 25 and 46, are currently detained at the Kuala Lumpur police headquarters.

Kuala Lumpur police chief Datuk Tajuddin Md Isa said the five were detained about 6pm, when they turned up for questioning at the police headquarters.

In a statement today, he said the suspects had been remanded for five days.

On Oct 9, a car jockey, Tiong Kwong Yie, 36, was killed and 12 other people, including foreign tourists, were injured when a hand-grenade exploded in Jalan Bukit Bintang.

Initial police investigations revealed the incident could have been fuelled by an ongoing ‘turf war’ among rival secret societies. – Bernama

Latest from Slider

Go to Top