Hottest Online News Portal

Police Deny Late Arrival Allegations At Fatal Shooting Scene Of Dr Fadi

in Top News

KUALA LUMPUR — The Royal Malaysian Police denied allegations of an Arab man, gone viral on social media, that 43 calls were made before police arrived at the scene of the fatal shooting of a Palestine private university lecturer in Setapak, yesterday.

The lecturer, identified as Dr Fadi Mohammed Al Batsh, who was gunned down by two suspects, was also the second imam of Surau Medan Idaman.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun said the police had arrived at the scene 10 minutes after receiving reports from the public.

Police also denied claims by the man in the video that he was also at the scene with Dr Fadi when the victim was shot.

Police are investigating the viraled video.

He said interrogation of witnesses proved that no foreigner was with Dr Fadi at the scene when he was shot.

“The viral video stems from sharing on Facebook, where the owner later admitted that he had erred in translating the allegations of the Arab man regarding the number of calls made to the police which should actually be two to three calls,” he told a press conference at the Kuala Lumpur Police Contingent Headquarters, here.

Mohamad Fuzi said that police were intensifying efforts to hunt down the Arab man for further action.

On an allegation that the police had arrested a prime suspect in the case, which had also gone viral, Mohamad Fuzi said it was not true at all.

“No arrest has been made so far related to the case, while the picture of a man arrested and going viral on social media is that of another case and has nothing to do with this shooting case.

“The allegations claiming that Dr Fadi was a rocket and drone-making expert is also untrue because as far as I know he was involved in electronic engineering,” he said.

Asked whether the case involved foreign powers or had to do with an intelligence organisation of a country, Mohamad Fuzi said the matter was being investigated.

“I would like to advise the public not to make any statements that could jeopardise investigations or to upload any inauthentic news that will give rise to public concern as well as outrage,” he said.

Mohamad Fuzi said a special task force had been set up to carry out a thorough investigation into the case so that it could be resolved quickly.

Meanwhile, asked about Dr Fadi’s post-mortem status, Mohamad Fuzi said it was carried out at 9am today at the Selayang Hospital.

In the incident about 6am yesterday, Dr Fadi was shot dead while walking to the surau to perform Subuh prayers near a condominium at Jalan Meranti, Setapak. – BERNAMA

Latest from Top News

Go to Top