PUTRAJAYA – Malaysian haj pilgrims need not panic over the suicide bomb attack near the Al-Haram Mosque yesterday as Tabung Haji security personnel monitor the movements of pilgrims when they perform their pilgrimage in Makkah.
Tabung Haji chairman Datuk Seri Azeez Abdul Rahim said pilgrims need only adhere to the advice and instructions given by Tabung Haji personnel to ensure all proceeded smoothly.
“I believe pilgrims will follow the advice as has been the case previously. What happened (suicide bomb attack) was obviously worrying the pilgrims and their families.
“Pilgrims should be calm over what had occurred. Do not panic, or worry. Security forces will monitor the movements of pilgrims in the prayer areas. I will be there myself,” he said when met at the Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House here today.
It was reported the suicide bomb attack left 11 people, including five Saudi Arabian policemen, injured.
A total of 30,200 pilgrims will be departing for Makkah, starting July 24 to Aug 25 at eight major airports in the country. – BERNAMA