GEORGE TOWN – Penang Gerakan today demanded an answer from the DAP-led state government for the controversial Gurney Wharf project.
Its treasurer Ng Fook On said it has been three weeks since the first request by Gerakan representative had requested the state government to provide the actual figure on the total size of the project.
He said during the project launch, the government mentioned 131 acres as the total size but at the state legislative assembly sitting in November last year, they stated 191 acres.
“I demand the state government to respond to the queries and clarify the figures of the Gurney Wharf reclamation,” he told a press conference at Komtar here today.
It was reported early this month that state Gerakan Acting Youth Chief Jason Loo had request for reclamation documents under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act on March 14, and still waiting for the result which will be known early April.