Hottest Online News Portal

No More Police Statement On Sabah Kidnap – Khalid

in Latest

JOHOR BAHRU – The police will not issue any statement on the kidnap of four men in Pulau Ligitan, Semporna, Sabah, on April 1 to ensure their safety, said Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar.

He also requested the media to be patient until the case had been resolved.

“I have to apologise to my media friends, I have directed all officers not given any comment.

“We must give priority to the safety of the victims even though I know you want to write something,” he said when asked about the case Thursday.

Earlier, Khalid attended a two-day Crime Prevention and Community Safety Department meeting which began yesterday at the Johor police headquarters.

Sarawakians Wong Teck Kang, 31, Wong Hung Sing, 34, Wong Teck Chii, 29, and Johnny Lau Jung Hien, 21, all crew members of a tugboat, MV Massive 6, were taken by a group of armed pirates while on their way back after transporting logs to Manila. – BERNAMA

Latest from Latest

Go to Top