Hottest Online News Portal

No Malaysians Among Casualties In Paris Attacks

in Latest

KUALA LUMPUR – No Malaysians have been reported to be among the casualties in a series of attacks in Paris, according to the Foreign Ministry.

“The government of Malaysia strongly condemns the multiple attacks in Paris on Nov 13, 2015 that have claimed the lives of more than 100 innocent lives.

“So far, no Malaysians have been reported among the casualties,” the ministry said in a statement today.

It said the heinous attacks reaffirmed the need for everyone to stand firm against terrorism.

“In this hour of grief, Malaysia stands united with the families of the victims, the government of France and the French people,” the ministry said.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak had earlier tweeted that Malaysia condemned what he described as outrageous attacks on innocent civilians in the French capital.

Reports out of Paris indicated that more than 100 people had been killed in gun and bomb attacks that occurred at the Bataclan concert hall, city centre restaurants and near Stade de France.

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman conveyed the government and people of Malaysia’s deepest sympathy and condolences to the bereaved families.

“I am profoundly shocked and saddened by the news of the latest attacks in Paris,” he said in a statement.

The government of Malaysia, he said, stood firmly with the international community in strongly condemning the hideous attacks. – BERNAMA

Latest from Latest

Go to Top