PUTRAJAYA – No foul play is suspected in the death of a 64-year-old man who was found dead on the grounds of the Selayang Hospital last Sunday.
Based on the post-mortem, Health Ministry director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the cause of death was multiple trauma linked to a fall from a height.
“Nevertheless, the ministry will conduct a thorough investigation into the tragedy, and we wish to convey our sincerest condolences to the family on their immeasurable loss,” he said in statement here today.
According to Dr Noor Hisham, there was suspicion that the man, whose name was witheld, had probably fallen from the upper panel of the window in his cubicle at level 10, adding that he was last seen in bed when a staff nurse reviewed him.
He said the man, who was admitted on Nov 21 for acute gastroenteritis, had been warded at the hospital for few times due to other illnesses. – BERNAMA