SEREMBAN – The Negeri Sembilan Barisan Nasional (BN) will launch its manifesto on April 21, said state BN chairman Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan.
He said the manifesto would be unveiled at the Royale Chulan Hotel near here, at 10am.
“Our manifesto will focus on empowering existing policies based on our philosophy ‘Memakmurkan Negeri, Mensejahterakan Rakyat’,” he told the media after chairing the exco meeting here today.
Mohamad said the manifesto would also focus on local issues which were close to hearts of the people in the state.
“At the same time, we will also be launching the Negeri Sembilan portal which will show the success of the pledges made during the 13th General Election,” he said.
Meanwhile in JITRA, Kedah BN chairman Datuk Seri Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah said the state manifesto would be launched next week some time before nomination day on April 28.
Without mentioning the date the Kedah Menteri Besar said the manifesto would complement the central BN manifesto which had been announced by the Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
He said the manifesto would be launched on a large scale with the attendance of thousands of state BN members.
It is understood the launch would be held at the Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Stadium, Jalan Suka Menanti.
“As for the candidates, we will wait for the prime minister ‘s decision and he may make the announcement himself,” he told reporters after officiating a community programme for Jitra residents here today.
Meanwhile commenting on rumours that Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad would be contesting in Langkawi he said, the PPBM chairman was free to contest anywhere but the people of Kubang Pasu should question why Dr Mahathir was contesting in Langkawi after 22 years in Kubang Pasu.
“But wherever he or the opposition are contesting we are not threatened by them as we are well-prepared,” he said. – BERNAMA