Skin looking dull and drab?
You could make like Michelle Williams and Karlie Kloss and book a facial with Joanna Vargas (she has a brand new Sugar and Spice Facial, which includes a pumpkin enzyme peel and a cranberry pomegranate mask, available at her NYC spa!).
Or, you could DIY it with this homemade face mask recipe from the celebrity facialist herself.
Here are the skin benefits of cherries:
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Mild Exfoliating Properties
- Skin Lightening
- Age Spots
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Rich in Vitamin A, C
- Contains Vitamin E, K
- Rich in Beta Carotene
- Rich in Potassium, Magnesium & Iron
With antioxidant-packed cherries for their skin-protecting properties, almond powder and sugar to gently exfoliate, honey to kill bacteria and moisturize, and yogurt with its exfoliating lactic acid and hydrating fats, this DIY homemade face mask recipe is sure to revive any and all complexions.
Plus, it sorta tastes like cherry pie, so there’s that too.
DIY Facial Recipe: Cherry Pie Homemade Face Mask
5 cherries, pitted and pureed
1 tbsp almond powder
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp yogurt
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Apply the mixture to clean skin, gently scrubbing to exfoliate for 30 seconds, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes to hydrate the skin before rinsing it off with warm water.