Orange is one of the most versatile fruits you can have. Not only does it taste good as dessert, the citrus fruit is also incredibly beneficial for your body when eaten on its own.
Long touted as a Vitamin C-rich fruit, the nutrients in oranges can actually help restore the collagen lost in your skin as the ageing process takes place. But that’s not all, here are 10 amazing facts on using the fruit as a beauty ingredient:
1.Shrink open pores: Â Just apply the juice of an orange on your face; let it stay for 2-3 minutes and wash off immediately. This helps in closing the enlarged pores and giving a gorgeous glow to your face.
2. Refresh burnt skin:Â You can prepare a skin-refreshing spray with orange peels. Just pour boiling water over the orange peels and keep it on for one day. Next day, strain the liquid and keep it in a spray bottle in the fridge. Apply this liquid on your face with the help of cotton pads; keep it on for some time and see how it gives a soft and glowing touch to your face.
3. Dry acne: Orange is rich in citric acid, which is very helpful in drying away acne. Oranges contain fruit acids that gently exfoliate your skin to reveal a brighter skin every day. Just mash the grated orange peels to apply on your acne and its scars. If followed regulary, you will see visible reduction in the pimples and its marks.
4. Natural lightening agent: Apply orange peel powder either mixed with milk or curd on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash off. Use this home remedy daily to lightened your face naturally.
5. Rich in Vitamin C: Â Orange is an excellent beauty aid in reversing the ageing process. It is replete with vitamin C, which increases the production of collagen and keeps the skin firm and moist. Always make it a point to eat one orange every day to ward off ageing and wrinkles.
6. Detoxify body: Orange has powder to flush away toxins from the body. Eating oranges helps to activate the detoxification of your body. It keeps oxygen in the skin and combats free radicals to make your skin radiant and fresher.
7. Body Scrub: After eating the oranges, do not throw away the peels. Dry them in the sun to use its powder as a body scrub.
8. For a rosy glow: You can apply orange peel powder mixed either with curd or milk cream on your face daily to impart a rosy glow to your face. This home remedy helps to fade away blemishes and dark spots of the face too.
9. Shiny hair: Use the orange peel infusion on the hair during the last rinse to get rid of dandruff and get shiny hair.
10. Brighten dull,tired skin: Take out the juice of 2 oranges and put it in ice cubes tray. Then rub the frozen orange cubes on your face to spruce up and brighten your dull and lacklustre face. This refines your pores and reduces the oiliness of face to control acne.-MYNEWSHUB.CC