KUALA LUMPUR – Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak expressed his sympathy for the families of passengers and crew of the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, following the announcement by the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) that it was an accident.
He said search for the aircraft will however, continue.
“Today my thoughts are with the families of those on MH370. The search will continue. Malaysia, Australia and China remain committed to finding the plane,” he said in his latest tweet.
Earlier this evening, DCA director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman through a televised broadcast announcement said that the missing MH370 was deemed an accident with all its 239 passengers on board presumed dead.
Flight MH370 which was bound for Beijing, China, disappeared from the radar an hour after it took off from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 12.41am on March 8, 2014.
Meanwhile, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai in his latest tweet also said: “My thoughts and prayers goes out to family members of those onboard MH370. It has been and continues to be difficult times for them and the nation,” he said. – Bernama