Hottest Online News Portal

Najib: No Reports Of Malaysian Casualties In Turkey Blast

in Latest/Slider

PETALING JAYA: There have been no reports of Malaysian casualties in Wednesday’s deadly terror attack at Istanbul’s Ataturk airport, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

“So far, there have been no reports of any Malaysian casualties but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will continue to monitor the situation closely,” he said in a Facebook post.

Najib expressed his shock and condemnation of the early morning bombing which has left at least 36 dead and dozens of others injured.

He said the latest attack served as yet another reminder for global intelligence cooperation in the war on terror.

“Malaysia stands firm and ready to unite with all countries in the fight against the scourge of terrorism.

“I strongly urge Muslim nations to unite and increase cooperation, especially in condemning and combating the acts of terror by those who blaspheme the name of Islam,” he said.

Those seeking further information are advised to contact the Malaysian Embassy in Ankara at +(90)312-4463547 or +(90)312-4463548.

Tags:

Latest from Latest

Go to Top