KUCHING – More flood evacuees have returned to their homes in the Kuching, Serian and Samarahan divisions, leaving 6,203 people from 1,622 families at relief centres as at noon today. This morning, the number of evacuees totalled 7,177 from 1,822 families, said Sarawak Department of Civil Defence public relations officer Siti Huzaimah Ibrahim.
She said the remaining evacuees were being accommodated at 36 relief centres, 20 of which were in Kuching, 12 in Serian and four in Samarahan.
At the height of the floods which struck on Saturday, 57 relief centres were opened but 21 had been closed since, she said. – BERNAMA