KOTA KINABALU – A Form Four student who went missing two weeks ago is now back with her family but not before going through a hellish nightmare of being illegally confined, repeatedly raped and beaten up.
Police are investigating her claims since she returned home safely on Monday.
Acting on her report, police picked up an unemployed man, aged 22, in Ranau the same day.
Ranau police chief Deputy Supt Mohd Farhan Lee said the girl from Penampang had alleged that she was held against her will by the suspect.
DSP Mohd Farhan said in her report, the girl said she hooked up with a man through the social media (WeChat) about a month ago.
“They had been communicating since then and finally decided to meet on July 11.
“He took her back to his home in Kampung Sinarut Baru and shortly after, they got into an argument. She then asked to be sent home. Instead the man got angry and started to scold and slap her,” DSP Mohd Farhan said.
He said, fearing for her safety, the girl gave in to his demands.
“After two weeks, the suspect agreed to let her go. He dropped her off near a furniture shop in Putatan from where she walked home,” he said.
The girl’s parents had lodged a missing persons report on July 12. – The Star