Hottest Online News Portal

MH370 Passengers’ Families Still Waiting, Hoping For Miracle

in Latest/Slider

ALOR SETAR: A mother of one Malaysia Airlines MH370 passenger had almost nothing to say when reporters met her recently in conjunction with the second anniversary of the plane’s disappearance.

“It has been two years, I’m tired,” said Wan Tom Wan Chik, 74, from Jalan Kota Tanah, whose son Mohamad Sofuan Ibrahim, 33, was on the flight that went missing without a trace on March 8, 2014.

She had on one occasion in the past remarked that she still regarded her son as alive and that he had merely gone abroad.

Mohamad Sofuan was among 239 passengers and crew on MH370 which left Kuala Lumpur International Airport for Beijing on March 8 morning.

He was reporting for duty at the office of the International Trade and Industry Ministry in Beijing. The Malaysian government in January 2015 officially declared the disappearance of the plane an accident and that all 239 passengers and crew presumed dead.

For Jee Teik Min, 77, the family was still waiting and hoping for a miracle that somehow, his son Jee Jing Han, 42, is still alive.

“I am still not satisfied because pieces of aircraft that had been found are not concrete enough to prove they were from MH370. I want to see my son’s remains or the wreckage of the plane before I can believe anything,” he said.

He was met at his home at Taman Rasa Sayang, Jitra.

“Never a day goes by that we don’t think of him, particularly during Chinese New Year. It used to be joyous but now a solemn occasion for us.

“Usually during Chinese New Year he would buy us things, bring us out for a grand meal and visiting places. We don’t feel like celebrating anymore,” he said.

Jee said his son, a single father with two children aged 13 and 15, and a computer programmer with his own shop in Seremban had been the breadwinner of the family.

“The burden lies on us now and it is very heavy,” he said.– BERNAMA

Tags:

Latest from Latest

Go to Top