Hottest Online News Portal

Man Dies Smoke Inhalation During House Fire

in Latest

SHAH ALAM – A 58-year-old man died in a fire that started at the altar of a double-storey house in Taman Sentosa, Klang, today, according to the Fire and Rescue Service.

Sang Lai Wah is believed to have died of smoke inhalation during the fire at about 7.30 am, said Seri Andalas Fire and Rescue Station chief senior assistant superintendent A. Romzi Abu.

He said Sang’s body, wrapped in a blanket, was found on a bed about five metres from the altar.

“He had been alone during the fire and is believed to have died of smoke inhalation,” he said when contacted by Bernama.

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department director Azmi Osman said no injury was found on the body.

However, he said, the police would ascertain the cause of death after the post-mortem. – BERNAMA

Tags:

Latest from Latest

Go to Top