KUALA LUMPUR – Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today hinted that he was “uncertain” at the ability of Pakatan Harapan to implement all its general election manifestos.
“We have made 60 promises and we hope we will be able to implement them even though they may not be like what are expected by the people,” he said.
He said that with the financial capabilities available, it was unlikely that Pakatan Harapan could meet excessive promises.
Therefore, Pakatan Harapan would only make promises which it is capable of fulfilling, said the Pakatan Harapan and Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia chairman at a press conference after chairing the Pakatan Harapan Presidential Council Meeting at Menara Yayasan Selangor, Petaling Jaya near here today.
He also said the Pakatan Harapan manifesto would be issued soon,
Dr Mahathir said Pakatan Harapan’s top leadership would not be responsible for any manifestos from their leaders who made proposals in a personal capacity.
“We are aware that before we complete the manifesto, many Pakatan Harapan leaders had made certain statements, but we (Pakatan Harapan) are not bound to such statements,” he said.
In the meantime, Dr Mahathir said Pakatan Harapan would appeal to the court this Thursday following the action of the Registrar of Societies (ROS) which still did not respond to their application to become an opposition party.
Reportedly, Pakatan Harapan had sent an application since the middle of last year and wanted this issue to be resolved to contest in GE14. – BERNAMA