Hottest Online News Portal

MACC: Guan Eng’s Statement To Be Taken After Evidence Collected

in Latest/Slider

PETALING JAYA: The statement of Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng will be taken as soon as all relevant documents and witness statements have been obtained, said the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

In a statement on Wednesday, MACC investigations division director Datuk Azam Baki said that the MACC has already received eight complaints regarding Lim’s purchase of a two-storey bungalow at Pinhorn Road, Penang.

“To allow for the investigation to be carried out comprehensively, the MACC has called a number of witnesses and has acquired relevant documents,” said Azam.

Azam added that Lim’s statement will be taken once statements from witnesses are obtained

“It is also dependent on the situation after the documents obtained have been reviewed,” said Azam.

Regarding Lim’s commitment to give his full cooperation to MACC and his urging to expedite the probe, Azam said that Lim was free to come to the MACC office at any time to help with the investigation.

He also reaffirmed that the MACC would conduct the investigation independently and transparently as per previous cases.

Lim has been in the spotlight since Tasek Gelugor MP Datuk Shabudin Yahaya made the claim last week that Lim had purchased the bungalow last year for RM2.8mil when, according to him, the market value of the property was between RM6mil and RM6.5mil.

He has denied any wrongdoing and said the allegations by Shabudin linking the purchase of the house to the RM11mil sale of the 0.45ha plot in Taman Manggis in 2012 were “false and baseless”

Latest from Latest

Go to Top