HULU SELANGOR – Piling works to strengthen the ground at the landslide in Taman Idaman, Serendah, will continue until Tuesday, said Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Dr Shahidan Kassim.
He said the piling work was scheduled for completion today, but delayed as there was underground water flowing in the area and due to the rain.
“At the moment, strengthening work of the ground is focused in an area near two houses near a slope. The area is identified having the highest risk of another landslide happening,” he told reporters at the scene.
Shahidan said the agencies involved in the piling work were the Public Works Department, Minerals and Geoscience Department and the Drainage and Irrigation Department.
He said residents who had been evacuated due to the landslide would be allowed to return home only after the situation was safe for them to do so.
Meanwhile, Hulu Selangor district police chief Supt R. Supramaniam said a total of 131 people from 27 families were now provided temporary shelter at Sekolah Rendah Agama Serendah.
“I am made to understand that five more families have yet to register with the Social Welfare Department and I urge them to come forward to facilitate operations, including distribution of aid,” he added.
The landslide resulted in 340 people from 64 families ordered to vacate their homes and police have classified the affected site as a Red Zone, a prohibited area.
The public including the residents are not allowed to be within 600-metre radius of the site, with police stationed there to watch over the evacuated houses. – BERNAMA