Hottest Online News Portal

Kedah One Match Away From Premier League Title

in Latest/Sports

KUALA LUMPUR – Kedah have more or less wrapped up the Premier League title this season.

Having collected 45 points after their 3-2 win against Sabah in their penultimate match at the Darul Aman Stadium last night, they just need a draw in their final match of the season to be champions.

T-Team who are hot on their heels also notched a victory last night to collect 42 points and are hoping Kedah will lose their next match so that they can pull through on goal difference.

Penang who share the same points as T-Team will be be hoping both their rivals lose their next match and they can win theirs to be able to lift the title.

In last night’s action, Kedah’s goals were netted by Sandro Da Silva via a penalty in the 23rd minute and the 87th minute and team captain Khairul Helmi Johari in the 60th minute.

The visitors’ goals were contributed by Joel Joseph Chianese in the 19th and 30th minutes respectively.

At the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium, Kuala Terengganu, T-Team demolished SPA Putrajaya FC, who have been relegated to the FAM League, 7-0.

T-Team’s Croatian import Tomislav Busic scored five goals for the hosts, in the 3rd, 27th, 45th, 49th and 77th minutes while Sadriddin Abdullaev converted a penalty in the 57th minute and Muhammad Zulhanizam Shafine was on target two minutes later.

Penang also went home with three points after edging DRB Hicom FC 2-1 at the City Stadium in George Town.

Hilton Mauro Moreira and Mohd Faiz Subri scored for the hosts in the 41st and 73rd minutes while DRB Hicom FC’s was netted by their Japanese import Hayato Hashimoto in the 79th minute.

At the Hang Jebat Stadium, Melaka, PKNS FC were back at their winning ways and defeated UiTM FC 4-1.

The Red Ants’ goals were supplied by Gonzalo Manuel Soto (42nd), Mohd Faiz Mohd Isa (66th), Gabriel Miguel Guerra (75th) and Patrick Ronaldinho Wleh (82nd) while UiTM FC’s by Dao Bakary (69th).

Elsewhere, Kuantan FA kept their hopes alive to avoid relegation when they defeated Kuala Lumpur 2-0 at the Merdeka Stadium.

Hazwan Fakrullah Zuridi and Fabrice Noel were on target for ‘The Seagulls’ in the 10th and 81st minutes respectively.

At the Pasir Gudang Stadium, Johor Darul Ta’zim II and NS Matrix played to a goalless draw.

The league’s final round of matches will be played this Friday.



Latest from Latest

Go to Top