Hottest Online News Portal

Jasa Director -General Laid To Rest

in Latest

KUALA LUMPUR – The Director-General of the Special Affairs Department (Jasa), Datuk Fuad Hassan, who died about midnight last night, was laid to rest at the Taman Bukit Teratai Muslim Cemetery, Ampang today.

His remains were buried at 12.36pm after the funeral prayers at his residence at No.52, Jalan 4M, Ampang Jaya.

Also present at the funeral were Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek and Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Minister Datuk Seri Hasan Malek.

His remains arrived at his residence from Kuantan at about 6am today.

The sadness of his passing was clearly felt when his younger brother, Associate Professor Dr Abdul Rauf Hassan, 42, appeared to be choked when reciting the ‘talkin’ for his elder sibling.

He said the sadness was deeply felt when he mentioned his elder brother’s name because the recital was specifically for his brother who had lived together with him ever since childhood.

“When mentioning the word ‘wahai Fuad’, I could not control my emotion, I felt as though I was speaking to him when he was still alive,” he told Bernama.

Rauf said his late brother was the second of 21 siblings and they frequently met to discuss current issues.

Former Inspector-General of Police, Tan Sri Musa Hassan, who is also his brother, said the relationship between all the siblings was very close, especially when they were facing problems where they would try to find a solution together.

“If we don’t agree on anything, I will discuss with him. I will give my opinion and so did he…we will find an amicable way to resolve disputes,” he said.

A close friend of Fuad, the Speaker of the State Legislative Assembly (DUN) Melaka, Datuk Wira Othman Muhamad, said he had known Fuad for more than 30 years when the latter became Chairman of the National Youth Council.

“At that time, Fuad often gave ceramah to undergraduates at the local universities on government policies,” he said.

He added that Fuad was firm and did not compromise on matters concerning work, but as a friend, he was warm to everyone.

Fuad died at the age of 62 at the Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan (HTAA) at midnight last night following a heart attack.

He had the attack while attending the closing ceremony of the Ministry of Communicatons and Multimedia Transformation Retreat at the Awana Kijal, Kemaman, Terengganu at 11.15pm last night.

Earlier this morning, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and his deputy, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin paid their last respects at Fuad’s residence and expressed their condolences to his family members. – BERNAMA


Latest from Latest

Go to Top