SHAH ALAM – Selangor PAS commissioner Iskandar Abdul Samad dismissed talk that he has been asked to attend an audience with the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, over the candidacy for the post of menteri besar.
“No (not asked to attend an audience), not tomorrow, not the day after, not next week,” he said when contacted by Bernama.
A news portal claimed on Monday that three Selangor state executive councillors from PAS had been asked to attend an audience with the sultan, and it named them as Iskandar, Sallehen Mukhyi and Ahmad Yunus Hairi.
It is claimed that the trio were asked to attend the audience as their names were on a list of potential menteris besar drawn up by PAS president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang as the possible successor of Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim.
Abdul Khalid was sacked from PKR after he refused to heed a decision of the party and the Pakatan Rakyat pact to step down to pave the way for PKR president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail to take over as the chief executive of the state.
Last Thursday, PAS secretary-general Datuk Mustafa Ali confirmed that Abdul Hadi had sent three names to the palace for consideration for the post of menteri besar.
Mustafa said the three names were submitted in adhering to a decree from the sultan for all the Pakatan Rakyat partners, including also PKR and DAP, to submit more than two names for the menteri besar’s post.
In SUBANG JAYA, youth wing chiefs of PAS, DAP and PKR called on the leadership of their parties to resolve the prolonged Selangor menteri besar crisis immediately.
PAS Youth chief Suhaizan Kaiat said a delay in settling the issue would reduce the people’s support for the three parties.
He spoke at a press conference at a hotel here that was also attended by PKR Youth chief Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad and DAPSY chief Teo Kok Seong.
Suhaizan said that as a proactive measure, they would hold meetings separately with the leaders of the three parties soon on the matter. – Bernama