KUALA LUMPUR – The Iftar@Kuala Lumpur 2018, a mass breaking-of-fast programme at Jalan Raja, Dataran Merdeka, which begins today, is expected to attract about 95,000 local and foreign visitors.
National Department for Culture and Arts (JKKN) director-general Tan Sri Norliza Rofli said the number of visitors to the programme, which was entering its seventh year, saw an increase of 95,000 last year from 66,080 the previous year.
“This year, the programme has 15 activities carried out with the help of more than 200 volunteers and these include Quran recitation, Quran interpretation clinic, Ramadan talks, setting up of zakat (tithe) collection counters, food truck operations, Islamic tourism exhibition and Ramadan concert,” she told Bernama here.
Eight pots of ‘bubur lambuk’ (rice porridge) for 600 people and 4,000 food packages will be prepared on each day of the programme.
Iftar@KL 2018 is being held on Saturdays and Sundays during the fasting month of Ramadan until June 10. – BERNAMA