IPOH – A physically handicapped man lost his life in a fire at his house at Taman Menglembu Timur here, last night.
The body of Chan Kwai Wah, 57, who was lame in the leg, was found next to the back door and believed to have attempted but failed to reach safety.
Pasir Puteh Fire and Rescue operations chief, Mohamed Hariri Ahmad Shaibi said 21 personnel from his station and Ipoh and 23 volunteer firefighters from Pasir Pinji, Pekan Baru and Bercham who arrived at the scene following a distress call from the public at 11.12 pm found the kitchen ablaze.
“They managed to contain the fire at 1.21 am,” he told Bernama when contacted here today.
He said the victim’s body was handed over to police for further investigations. – BERNAMA