First Victim Of Boat Capsize At Kuala Dungun Found

in Latest

 

DUNGUN – The first body of the victims in the boat which capsized at the Kuala Dungun estuary was found about 8.50am today.

Dungun district police chief Supt Ahmad Zailani Yaacub, who confirmed the matter, said the body of Mohd Nazri Yaccob, 37, was found about 300 metres from where the boat was reported to have capsized last Wednesday.

He said the body was sent to Dungun Hospital for post mortem.

The second day search for the victims was resumed at 8am today, involving 90 personnel from various agencies, as well as volunteers from the Fisheries department and local residents, he said.

In the incident which occurred about 10pm last Wednesday, four fishermen went missing and were feared to have drowned after the fibre boat they were in capsized when hit by waves as they were heading to the Kuala Dungun jetty.

However, one of them managed to swim to safety.

The victims still missing are Che Mohd Afendi Che Ismail, 34, Mohamad Zawawi Mohamed, 27, and Abdul Wahab Zakaria, 44.

Ahmad Zailani said the search for the victims had been intensified with the help of two assets from the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency and a diving unit from the Royal Malaysian Navy in Kuantan. — Bernama

Tags: