Hottest Online News Portal

ESSZone: Curfew Extended To March 29

in Latest

KOTA KINABALU – The 7pm to 5am curfew in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (ESSZone) which is supposed to end today, has been extended to March 29.

Sabah Police Commissioner, Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said the decision to extend the curfew was made to ensure security of tourists and the people of Sabah.

“The curfew, which enters its 16th phase tomorrow, involves a three nautical distance from the beach in the waters off Sandakan, Kinabatangan, Kunak, Lahad Datu, Tawau and Semporna.

“Among others, it will facilitate enforcement and monitoring all movements of intruding boats and cross-border crimes including humans, drugs and firearm smuggling activities,” he said in a statement here, Saturday.

He said the curfew, which was implemented since July 19 last year, was also backed by chalet operators and the fisheries industry in ensuring security of the waters of Sabah including its islands. – BERNAMA

Tags:

Latest from Latest

Go to Top