Elusive as making shaving cream may seem, creating your own blend of simple ingredients can result in your very own –and itâ€™s free from any preservatives, chemicals, or strange perfumes and dyes added to cream sold in stores.
You will need:
-2/3 cup Shea nut oil or Shea butter
-2/3 coconut oil
-1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
-10 to 20 drops essential oils like lavender, peppermint or ylang-ylang
-2 tablespoons of baking soda
-Contents of 2 vitamin E capsules (optional)
1. Melt 2/3 cup of coconut oil and Shea nut oil together, and then turn off the heat and stir in 1/4 cup of olive oil or grapeseed oil.
2. When melted, add in 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil.
3. Pour it into a container or leave it in the bowl (if you were using a double boiler.) Give it a good stir, and then set it in the fridge to harden. Once it has solidified, remove and let it soften slightly.
4. Add this, the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules if youâ€™re using them, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda to an electric stand mixer (or use an electric hand beater, or a lot of elbow grease) and beat until itâ€™s super light and fluffy and looks like you could spread it on a cupcake.
5. Apply generously to wherever youâ€™re shaving and rinse when done. You can omit the baking soda and, if you want it odorless, the essential oil as well. Store in a cool dark area when not in use, it can keep up to a month.