If you suffer from the relentless plague of blackheads and large pores, your bathroom cabinet is most likely filled with tons of acne cleansers, charcoal scrubs and facial toners. These pesky impurities on our faces might seem like they beg for pricy treatments and extra attention.
Although those treatments do help, there are a few DIY treatments to treat blackheads that you can try at home.
This eco-friendly and Â all-natural DIY Pore Perfecting Strip recipe effectively removes dead skin, blackheads and impurities, while also minimizing the appearance of large pores. The best part? You only need three ingredients!
For better efficacy, apply the strip once a week!
1 drop of tea tree oil
1 tsp of xanthan gum
1 Tbsp. distilled water
- Apply a warm, damp towel over your face to open pores.
- Heat the distilled water over a boiler.
- Slowly add xanthan gum to the water, constantly mixing with a craft stick to get a thick paste.
- Add a drop of tea tree oil and mix well.
- Remove paste from burner and let it cool. Test to make sure the mixture isnâ€™t too hot before applying to the desired area.
- Add a strip of tissue or depilatory tissue over the paste and let it dry.
- Apply another thick layer of the paste, followed by a second strip of tissue and press firmly into the skin.
- Continue to apply the paste and strips of tissue until you have five layers.
- Allow strips to dry completely and harden over the area. Then, gently peel up from the outside towards the center.
- Afterwards, rinse face with water, pat dry with a clean towel, and apply a toner to close pores.