Hottest Online News Portal

Cops Move Up Four Rungs To Third Place In Super League

in Latest/Sports

KUALA LUMPUR – Police moved up four rungs to third place in the Super League after carving out a 1-0 victory against Felda United FC (FUFC) at the Shah Alam Stadium last night.

With the win, The Cops overtook Selangor, FUFC, Terengganu and Lions XII after collecting 31 points in 19 matches.

However, the situation is expected to change as this was the sole Super League match played tonight. The bulk of the league’s matches this week will be played tomorrow.

Police’s Mali import Dramane Traore scored the all important goal in the 8th minute.

In the PREMIER LEAGUE, Kedah’s chances of getting promoted to the Super League became much brighter after they notched their 12th win this season, edging Johor Darul Ta’zim II (JDT II) 3-2 at the Darul Aman Stadium, Alor Setar.

The result saw them strengthen their position at the top of the table with 42 points with three matches left to play, besides widening their lead to four points from nearest rivals T-Team, who managed just a point at their home turf tonight.

Their Nigerian import Chidi Edeh was a hattrick hero last night, hammering in all of their goals, in the 3rd, 28th and 59th minutes respectively while JDT II’s goals were contributed by Mohd Zaquan Adha Abdul Radzak (31st, 65th).

T-Team on the other hand had to settle for a 1-1 draw against DRB Hicom FC at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium, Kuala Terengganu.

The visitors went ahead after Mohd Fakrul Aiman Sidid scored in the 63th minute but Tomislov Busic found the equaliser six minutes later.

Meanwhile, Penang overtook PKNS FC to third place in the table after edging Negeri Sembilan, now known as NS Matrix, 1-0 at the City Stadium, George Town with Mohd Faiz Subri finding the winner in the 5th minute.

The visitors also had to play with 10 men from the 22nd minute after Ahmad Fauzi Saari was given the marching orders by referee Zulkarnain Zakaria for a rough tackle on Mohammad Syukur Saidin.

The match also had kicked off an hour late because of floodlight problems.

Elsewhere, UiTM FC defeated Kuantan FA 2-0 at the Darul Makmur Stadium, Kuantan; Kuala Lumpur beat minnows SPA Putrajaya FC 2-0 at the Merdeka Stadium while Sabah and PKNS FC played to a 1-1 draw at Stadium Hang Jebat, Melaka.



Latest from Latest

Go to Top