KUALA LUMPUR: The police have not received a complete notice from organisers of the rally to protest the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) at the Dataran Merdeka on Saturday.
Dang Wangi District Police Chief ACP Zainol Samah said the police had received an application from a non governmental organisation on Jan 12 but it could not be processed because there was no approval from the Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
“So far the organisers have yet to come forward to submit a new application,” he told reporters here today.
Hence, he said, the public were advised not to violate the Peaceful Assembly Act 2012 or bring their children to the rally.
“We will take stern action if any parties try to violate the act,” he said.
Zainol also advised the public not to leave any personal items in open spaces deliberately that could arouse doubts and panic among the public.
He was commenting on the incident last Sunday when a bomb disposal unit was despatched to a shopping mall after two suspicious backpacks were found under a chair there.
Upon inspection, the bags contained clothes left behind by two Korean tourists shopping at the mall.