BEIJING – Several Chinese families of passengers who were on board missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH370 are expected to fly to Malaysia to seek answers from MAS before Feb 19, the first day of the Chinese New Year
The families want to seek answers from MAS on the fate of MH370, said Jiang Hui, whose mother was on board the flight.
â€œAround 20-30 next-of-kin will be flying to Malaysia, and some of us are still waiting for our visa applications to be approved,â€ he told Bernama.
Most of the families of the affected passengers have rejected the official declaration that the disappearance of MH370 was an accident and had demanded the statement be retracted.
The Department of Civil Aviation on Jan 29 announced Flight MH370 was officially declared an accident under international aviation rules, and that all 239 passengers and crew were presumed to have lost their lives.
MH370 went missing enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 last year.
The Boeing 777-200ER carrying 239 passengers, mostly Chinese, and crew, was scheduled to land in Beijing at 6.30am. Its flight path was believed to have ended in the southern Indian Ocean. – BERNAMA