KOTA KINABALU – Four westerners are to be charged in a Magistrate’s court Wednesday for allegedly stripping and urinating on Mount Kinabalu.
Sabah Police commissioner Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said the two women and two men were brought to the court on Wednesday and the proceedings are expected to start at about 10.30am.
The four were taken straight to the court lock-up awaiting for the court to be in session.
The first woman, a British, was arrested at Tawau airport on Tuesday. The others – two Canadians and a Dutch national – surrendered themselves at the Karamunsing police station at about 6pm the same day.
Jalaluddin said the total death toll following the Mount Kinabalu June 5 quake has been confirmed as 18.
“The body parts of the last two Singaporeans reported missing earlier had been found and we are waiting for DNA reports from the families before they can be returned,” he said.
Police have earlier said the culprits who stripped on top of the mountain, considered sacred to Sabahans, will be charged with causing public nuisance. – The Star