Salma Hayekis sharing her take on a past encounter with Donald Trump.
The Mexican-born actress spoke to El Show del Mandril on Radio Centro 93.9 Friday, Buzzfeed reports, about a time in which the presidential candidate leaked a false story to the National Enquirer after she rebuffed his request for a date.
“When I met that man I had a boyfriend and he tried to become his friend to get my home telephone number,” Hayek recalled of her earliest days in Hollywood, adding, “He got my number and he would call me to invite me out.”
Salma said that after turning down the opportunity, which she felt Trump perceived as “disrespectful,” she continued, “He wouldn’t say he called, but someone told the National Enquirer.”
“Someone told the National Enquirer—I’m not going to say who because you know that whatever he wants to come out, comes out in the National Enquirer. It said that he wouldn’t go out with me, because I was too short,” Hayek added.
Hayek then went on to reveal Trump reached out to her after the story was published: “Later, he called and left me a message. ‘Can you believe this? Who would say this? I don’t want people to think this about you. He thought that I would try to go out with him so people wouldn’t think that’s why he wouldn’t go out with me.”
An outspoken Hillary Clinton supporter, Salma’s latest comments are far from her first about the Republican nominee. In July 2015, the Oscar nominee spoke exclusively to E! News about his controversial stance on immigration.
“I’m aware that he would say anything to attract attention and create the publicity around him,” she told us. “If something generates publicity, I would never be surprised about anything he does,” admitting that she refuses to “say his name.”
In early October, Hayek starred in a Spanish-language PSA on behalf of Clinton urging Latino voters to cast their vote on Nov. 8.
There’s a brand-new couple in Hollywood!
E! News has learned that Adriana Lima and Ryan Seacrest are dating and have most recently been spotted on a romantic dinner date in New York City.
The two connected during their time in Rio for the 2016 Summer Olympics, and the rest, as they say, is history!
Lima and Seacrest also previously spotted grabbing a bite to eat at Dell’Anima in the Big Apple over the weekend.
And while the 35-year-old Brazilian model and 41-year-old television host and producer have yet to publicly discuss their new relationship, but the famous duo seem to be having fun since they returned to the U.S. weeks ago.
When the two were in Brazil for the games, Lima posted several pictures of her with Seacrest as well as her close pal Alessandra Ambrosio.
In fact, she snapped a shot of the group of three enjoying lunch after one of their shoots and called Seacrest both “charismatic” and “handsome.”
Lima has been previously marriage to Serbian NBA star Marko Jarić, whom she has two daughters with.
In May 2014, she announced that she was separating from the professional athlete after five years of marriage. Then, this past March, the former couple’s divorce was finalized.
LOS ANGELES: In a bizarre incident on the season premiere of “Dancing With the Stars” Monday night, Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte’s debut on the dancing competition was interrupted by two men who attempted to rush the stage.
The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that two Los Angeles men were arrested on suspicion of trespassing.
Sam Sotoodeh, 59, and Barzeen Soroudi, 25, were detained by private security for “DWTS” and arrested after the LAPD was called in to CBS Television City, where “DWTS” originates. The show aired live on the East Coast and also aired live in Los Angeles and San Francisco because ABC’s primetime schedule in the West was preempted for football coverage.
Sotoodeh and Soroudi were “authorized” audience members who changed their clothes once inside the soundstage, according to LAPD Officer Mike Lopez. The pair “unlawfully entered the stage in an attempt to confront Mr. Lochte,” Lopez said. “No dancers or celebrities were touched” during the incident, Lopez added.
Sotoodeh and Soroudi were booked late Monday and were being held on $1,000 bail as of Tuesday morning.
“Two individuals stormed the dance floor tonight and were immediately subdued and escorted out of the building,” said a spokesperson for BBC Worldwide Productions. “The matter is now being handled by the authorities.” Video posted on social media taken from the audience section also showed a group of at least five women wearing shirts with the same anti-Lochte symbol. They chanted “liar, liar” before being ushered out by security. Lochte has been under fire in recent weeks for claims he made about being robbed at gunpoint during the Rio summer Olympic games last month, a claim he later recanted.
The arrests were made around 7:40 p.m. PT, Lopez said. The incident began just as Lochte and dancing partner Cheryl Burke were hearing the judges’ opinions of their performance during the telecast, and two men appeared to rush the stage. Judge Carrie Ann Inaba was heard yelling, “Excuse me! Hey, back off!” A figure could briefly be seen rushing in front of the camera.
ABC News radio correspondent Jason Nathanson later tweeted a photo of two men in handcuffs wearing anti-Lochte shirts featuring the swimmer’s name with a red circle and line through the middle.
Host Tom Bergeron kept his composure during what was clearly a chaotic moment on the stage and threw to a commercial break. When “DWTS” returned, Bergeron described the situation as “a little incident” and thanked the show’s security for “staying in shape.” Lochte was visibly shocked just before the show cut to commercial. He later told Bergeron, “I’m doing good.” He told ABC News that he intended to “brush it off, and keep going.” After the four-minute commercial break, the “DWTS” competition continued with a performance by Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez.
Inaba posted a photo on social media after the telecast expressing her thanks to the “DWTS” security team. “No one got hurt,” she wrote.
Inaba’s fellow judge Julianne Hough told ABC News that she didn’t know if it was a big attack because of “the world we live in today” and it was “frightening.” The Olympic gold medalist has been at the center of controversy since the incident in Rio. He was recently suspended from all swimming competitions for ten months after making the false robbery report, as well as lost several key endorsement deals. – Reuters
KUALA LUMPUR: Wong Lan Eng, 74, could not have chosen a more opportune moment than Aidiladha to embrace Islam.
“If it was not today, then when will I ever convert to Islam?” asked the former Buddhist at the Aidiladha korban (ritual slaughter) ceremony organised for Muslim converts here Monday.
The mother of former actress and model Shila Lama Abdullah of the 80s fame converted to Islam with the guidance of her son Muhamad Johan Haiqal Abdullah, 37, and witnessed by Ustaz Kamarudin Abdullah.
Wong decided to become a Muslim upon seeing how her three children have been good Muslims since they embraced the religion.
“Although my children and grandchildren are Muslims, they still have respect for me. That’s the main reason why I chose to embrace Islam as well,” she told Bernama.
Saifuddin Abdullah, 45, who was attending an Aidiladha ceremony for the first time, said he was excited as he got to experience the true meaning of sacrifice as a Muslim.
Saifuddin, a private company employee from Kuala Lumpur, could not celebrate Aidiladha previously due to the nature of his job and working hours.
“Although I embraced Islam 20 years ago, this is the first time I am able to celebrate Aidiladha,” said the father of three.
Independent Islamic preacher Ustaz Danial Hafizan Christopher, 40, said he hoped that the ceremony would serve as a platform for new converts to learn more about the teachings of Islam.
Danial Hafizan, who is Muallaf Network Association manager, said he was always prepared to help new converts.
“This association is active in the country and helps new Muslim converts so that they do not feel marginalised after embracing Islam,” he said. – Bernama
After a whirlwind summer, Chloe Grace Moretz and Brooklyn Beckham have broken up.
According to multiple reports, the couple has split after being nearly inseparable over the last few months in Los Angeles.
At present time, neither have addressed the breakup on social media. Page Six first reported the news.
Reps have not returned E! News’ requests for comment.
Back in May of this year, Moretz finally confirmed that she was in a relationship with Victoria Beckham and David Beckham’s son during an appearance on Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live.
“He’s a very good guy. He’s a good person. I enjoy hanging out with him,” she said coyly.
In a subsequent interview with Glamour U.K. magazine, the Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising actress explained that their relationship is “great” but having a relationship in the public eye can be extremely trying at times.
“One of the reasons why dating him is great is that we both get what it means to have our lives twisted and torn apart and faked.”
She added, “Seriously, you don’t know how often I’m just described as ‘his girlfriend’ and you think, ‘Well, I’ve also been acting for 13 years, but don’t worry.'”
She also shared with InStyle U.K. how dating the Brit is awkward given her level of fame.
“You already know what I look like in a bathing suit. You know what I look like in a sex scene. You know what I look like when I say ‘I love you’ to someone. You’ve already seen it all.”
Moretz and Beckham’s last public appearance was one month ago, in Los Angeles, at the 2016 Teen Choice Awards.
Dwayne Johnson is rocking Forbes‘ highest-paid actor list. Johnson commanded US$64.5mil between June 2015 and June 2016, more than doubling his earnings from the previous year and bumping Robert Downey Jr from the top of the list, where he was perched for three consecutive years.
A bulk of Johnson’s earnings come from his roles in the Fast & Furious franchise, the disaster movie San Andreas, and the HBO series Ballers, as well as upfront fees for Fast 8 and the Baywatch movie. Johnson ranked No. 11 last year with US$31mil.
Downey dropped down to eighth with US$33mil, tying with Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan.
Jackie Chan was runner-up again with US$61mil, thanks to hits at the Chinese box office. Matt Damon demanded US$55mil following the success of The Martian. Tom Cruise (US$53mil) and Johnny Depp (US$48mil) rounded out the top five.
Johnson earned about US$20mil more than his female counterpart, Jennifer Lawrence. The Hunger Games heroine tops Forbes‘ highest-paid actresses list with US$46mil – 72% of Johnson’s income. She comes in sixth on the overall list (ahead of Ben Affleck, who made US$43mil), further highlighting Hollywood’s ever-present gender pay gap, which the actress wrote a scathing essay about last year.
Combined, the top 10 men on the list earned US$457mil, more than double the top 10 women’s US$205mil pay. Additionally, 18 actors reeled in more than US$20mil, versus four on the actresses’ side.
The lists also shows that women over 40 earn less than men at the same age. In fact, 95% of the top-earning actors are over 40, compared to half of the actresses. At 26, Lawrence is the youngest actor on both lists, while Harrison Ford is the oldest.
Here are the 20 highest-paid actors:
1. Dwayne Johnson – $64,500,00
2. Jackie Chan – $61,000,000
3. Matt Damon – $55,000,000
4. Tom Cruise – $53,000,000
5. Johnny Depp – $48,000,000
6. Ben Affleck – $43,000,000
7. Vin Diesel – $35,000,000
8. Shah Rukh Khan – $33,000,000
9. Robert Downey Jr – $33,000,000
10. Akshay Kumar – $31,500,000
11. Brad Pitt – $31,500,000
12. Adam Sandler – $30,000,000
13. Mark Wahlberg – $30,000,000
14. Salman Khan – $28,500,000
15. Leonardo Dicaprio – $27,000,000
16. Chris Pratt – $26,000,000
17. Will Smith – $20,500,000
18. Amitabh Bachchan – $20,000,000
19. Matthew McConaughey – $18,000,000
20. Harrison Ford – $15,000,00 – Reuters/Maane Khatchatourian
A 32-year-old Indonesian maid, who works for the wife of Kinabatangan MP, Zizie Ezette, was nabbed after she showed off some foreign currency notes on her Facebook.
The maid was arrested Thursday night after Zizie, actress and wife of Datuk Bung Mokhtar Radin, lodged a police report that her money was stolen.
On Aug 9, Zizie was alerted by her personal assistant that the maid had uploaded photos of foreign currency notes onto her social media account. Zizie, who was then overseas, instructed her assistant to search the maid’s room and call the authorities.
The personal assistant found several pieces of foreign currency notes and a currency exchange receipt. A police report was lodged after Zizie returned to Malaysia.
Police found various foreign currency notes with total value of RM5,155.
The suspect admitted to her crime and is currently under remand. Police are investigating whether any stolen money were sent to her family in Indonesia following discovery of the currency exchance receipt.
Local it couple Akim Ahmad and Stacy are expecting!
Akim, 25, who is the lead vocalist of popular rock band Akim & The Majistret, and 26-year-old Stacy, or Ummu Syaikhah Stacy Anam, tied the knot last February. They have an adopted daughter Bella Valentina, who is five years old.
The happy announcement was made through an Instagram post by Akim, featuring a photo of the family celebrating Stacy’s birthday.
After a birthday shoutout to his wife, Akim added in the caption: “And I hope on this day, my child in her womb would always be healthy, as with my wife. Thank you Allah for this most beautiful gift in the world.”
Akim and Stacy both got their start as contestants on reality singing series Akademi Fantasia. Stacy won its sixth season while Akim placed third in Season Seven.
It’s a full house for Megan Fox!
E! News has exclusively learned that the actress gave birth to a baby boy named Journey River Green on August 4, 2016. The 30-year-old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles star and her husband, Brian Austin Green are also parents to 3-year-old son Noah and 2-year-old son Bodhi.
Fox surprised fans with the unsuspected pregnancy news when she arrived to the 2016 Cinema Con donning a form-fitting little black dress, the outline of a growing baby bump on full display.
Less than a year earlier, she had filed for divorce from her husband after five years of marriage. However, as news of the third pregnancy spread, a source told E! News the divorce wasn’t going to happen “anytime soon.”
“Brian and Megan have been working on themselves as individuals and things have gotten better between them as a couple,” the insider told us at the time. “They have been getting along great. They are best friends and know each other very well.”
“They admire each other on how they are as parents and are looking forward to bringing their third child into this world,” the source added.
Now that the baby has finally arrived, there is one element of the brunette beauty’s parenting style we know for sure—this child won’t be on social media anytime soon. In fact, don’t count on the baby sitting in front of any kind of screen in the near future.
“I try to keep [the kids] from television and movies for the most part because I think screen time—any sort of screen whether it’s television or iPad or iPhone—is really bad for their brain development, so I try to remove that from their lives,” she admitted to E!’s Marc Malkin. “I’m going to deter them from ever being a part of social media because I think it’s detrimental to a child’s self esteem.”
Right on, mama! Congratulations to the happy family on welcoming the newest member.
KUALA LUMPUR: Actor Datuk AC Mizal and his wife are suing a publisher and three others for RM25mil in damages for portraying them as negligent employers.
The actor, who is noted for his versatile roles in movies, said entertainment reporter Syed Musaddad Syed Mahdi had on Aug 23 last year caused publication of defamatory words about them in Mingguan Malaysia’s Pancaindera pullout.
The 44-year-old actor, whose real name is Mizal Zaini, filed the civil claim together with his wife Datin Emylia Rosnaida Abdul Hamid, private Internet radio broadcasting company Peace Yall Sdn Bhd and its chief executive officer Rashidi Ishak.
AC Mizal is also Peace Yall president while his model wife is vice-president.
They named Syed Musaddad, who writes under the Gebang Syed column in Pancaindera, then Mingguan Malaysia editor Ku Seman Ku Hussein, its publisher Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd and its editor-in-chief Datuk Abdul Aziz Ishak as defendants.
The plaintiffs’ lawyer Shahrir Baharuddin told reporters after the parties met the judge in chambers Monday that High Court judge Justice Abu Bakar Jais had directed them to go for a mediation to resolve the civil dispute.
The defendants’ lawyer Ooi She Yi said they also had to update the judge Tuesday over the mediation process.
The suit filed on March 30 was made available to the media Monday.
In the statement of claim, the four plaintiffs said Syed Musaddad’s article had implied that Mizal or Rashidi had debts and that they did not have capability to pay the salary of their employees in Peace Yall FM.
As a result, they said they suffered losses in terms of reputation, business and entertainment value.
They said the defendants had failed to meet their demand for an apology and damages, causing them to initiate the legal action.
They are asking for RM15mil in general damages for libel, RM10mil in aggravated damages, costs and a restraining order to stop the defendants from repeating the libellous words against them.
AC Mizal has acted in various films, including Gerak Khas The Movie (2001), Buli (2004), Baik Punya Cilok (2005), Cicak-Man (2006), Cicak Man 2 (2008) and My Spy (2009). He is also a TV host, a singer and a businessman.
Prev123...27Next Page 2 of 27