SEREMBAN – A Proton Wira went aflame last night beside the Aeon Big Supermarket in Rahang, near here.
Seremban Fire and Rescue Station officer Hamizin Khaidir said the station received a distress call at 10.40pm and six firemen rushed to the location.
“Upon arrival at the scene, the car engine compartment was completely razed while the dashboard was 30 per cent destroyed. Firemen brought the blaze under control 10 minutes later,” he said when contacted by Bernama.
Vehicle owner, Noorul Hasan Mohd Ghani, 32, said the incident happened very fast when he was in the car with his wife and two children.
“We had just arrived and parked the vehicle when we smelled something burning coming from the engine and we all immediately dashed out of the car to safety.
“I am not sure of the cause of the fire. It could be due to a wiring problem,” he said. – BERNAMA