SHAH ALAM: The taxi-driver detained over the kidnapping of a five-year-old boy in Kajang will be released later Thursday.
Police said the man, who found the boy and returned him to his family, had no links to the kidnappers.
He will be released with a bond under Section 49 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
“So far, we couldn’t find any links to him,” Selangor CID chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Adnan Abdullah said here, Thursday.
He said three others detained over the incident will be charged at the Kajang court Friday morning under Section 3(1) of the Kidnapping Act 1961 for abduction, wrongful restraint or wrongful confinement for ransom.
The four, including the taxi driver, were picked up less than 24 hours after the kidnapping last Friday.
The boy was back in the arms of his family some eight hours after a video recording of his brazen abduction went viral on social media.
The Star reported Selangor police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Abdul Samah Mat saying that almost all of the RM300,000 ransom money paid out was recovered.
The boy was snatched from his mother outside his kindergarten in Sungai Chua, Kajang.