LANGKAWI – A boy was found burnt, while his father was injured, in a fire at a guardhouse at a garbage disposal site in Kilim here today.
The boy, whose identity had yet to be ascertained, was believed to have been trapped in the guardhouse in the incident which occurred about 3 am.
The victim’s father, a security guard at the garbage disposal site, managed to get out in time and was injured on the head.
Kedah Fire and Rescue Department, in a statement sent through the Whatsapp, said 16 firemen from the Langkawi station arrived at the location at 3.21 am and they took 12 minutes to control the flame.
The body of the victim had been handed over to the police for further action, while the injured security guard was sent to Langkawi Hospital for treatment.
The cause of the fire has yet to the ascertained, said the statement. – BERNAMA