SELANGOR Menteri Besar Mohamed Azmin Ali unveiled the portfolios of his executive councillors today after chairing their first meeting.
Azmin will hold the portfolios of finance, land development, natural resources, information and the state economic action council.
The rest of the ten-member exco comprises four PKR representatives and three each from PAS and DAP.
PAS retains the portfolio on religion, and all eyes will be on its exco-in-charge, Dr Ahmad Yunus Hairi, to see how the impasse over the Malay and Iban Bibles seized by the Selangor Islamic Affairs Department (JAIS) will be handled.
The complete list of exco members and their portfolios are:
1. Azmin Ali (Menteri Besar, PKR-Bukit Antarabangsa) â€“ finance, land development, natural resources, and state sconomic action council and information.
2. Elizabeth Wong (PKR-Bukit Lanjan) â€“ tourism, environment, green technology and consumerism.
3. Dr Daroyah Alwi (PKR-Sementa) â€“ health, welfare, women and families affairs.
4. Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad (PKR-Seri Setia) â€“ education, human capital development, science, technology and innovation.
5. Amirudin Shari (PKR-Batu Caves) â€“ youth development, sports, and cultural and entrepreneurship development.
6. Iskandar Samad (PAS-Cempaka) â€“ housing, development management (pengurusan bangunan) and urban living.
7. Dr Ahmad Yunus Hairi (PAS-Sijangkang) â€“ Islamic affairs, Malay customs, rural development and village traditions.
8. Zaidy Abdul Talib (PAS-Taman Templer) â€“ infrastructure, public amenities and agro-based industries.
9. Datuk Teng Chang Khim (DAP-Sungai Pinang) â€“investment, industry (SME) & commerce and transportation.
10. Ean Yong Hian Wah (DAP-Seri Kembangan) â€“ local government, new village development and legalising of factories.
11. V. Ganabathirau (DAP-Kota Alam Shah) â€“ poverty, compassionate government and plantation workers. – themalaysianinsider